Arthur's Football Comments: Champions League 2012-13: One week to go

May 17, 2013

Champions League 2012-13: One week to go


With only one week away from the Champions League final, Borussia Dortmund and Bayern will play their last Bundesliga matches of the season on Saturday. As it has been obvious for quite a while now, Bayern has secured the title, and Borussia has earned the silver medals.

The Dortmund side confirmed this achievement after saving the match in Wolfsburg, where the team was losing 3 goals by 1 six minutes before the final whistle, when Juergen Klopp introduced the midfielder Moritz Leitner instead of the defender Felipe Santana. The change of the formation helped the man in great form, Marco Reus, score twice. The first goal of the match was scored by Sven Bender only after 4 minutes of play.

In the season’s last match at Allianz Arena Bayern’s manager Jupp Heynckes let the main players shine in front of the home crowd. The champions won 3-0, with the goals coming in the last 20 minutes of the match. Thomas Mueller, Xherdan Shaqiri and Luiz Gustavo added their names on the scoreboard. It was after this match against Augsburg that the Munich team received the gold medals.     

The last matchday will bring Hoffenheim to Dortmund, while Bayern will travel to Monchengladbach to meet the other Borussia. The main intrigue of the tournament is the question of the league topscorer. Robert Lewandowski’s competitor Stefan Kiessling of Bayer is 1 goal ahead, so the Polish striker has got a task to do this Saturday.  

ClubLast MatchesNext matchPosition in the domestic league
Bayern (Germany)11.05 Augsburg (H) 3-018.05 Borussia M. (A)1
Borussia D. (Germany)11.05 Wolfsburg (A) 3-318.05 Hoffenheim (H)2

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am a professional football watcher. I watched the WC '94, when I was 10 years old and have had no success in quitting with this. I promised R. Baggio to give tribute to his Juventus and Italy team ever-since, as he missed that damned penalty. While watching matches I always try to analyze every fact before, during and after the matches. This makes me feel I am an expert. Everyone is welcome to start a conversation on any football-related topic. You would just make me a huge favour. Besides, I am a hopelessly lost gambler. A player, not only in the game, but also in life! I live in Denmark. I am married, which, of course, prevents me of watching football 24 hours a day. My daughter was born in 2011. This fact is neither a football-friendly one, but it does not disappoint me. I am making my first steps in professional scouting with one of the local companies. If this profile sounds something close to you, I would warmly welcome you to follow my blog, where you'll read about everything I mentioned above. I promise to post an article every week. Let's say Saturday. So here we go!