Arthur's Football Comments: FIFA World Cup 2014: Germany and Algeria

June 30, 2014

FIFA World Cup 2014: Germany and Algeria

Germany

Flag of Germany
Joachim Loew’s team is determined to win every single match in this tournament. This was obvious during their last group match against USA, where even a draw would win the group for Germany. The coach was so nervous, as if the team was losing a semi-final. And, of course, there could be no talk about a stalemate with the former Germany coach Juergen Klinsmann. Germany had already destroyed
Portugal and tied with Ghana by then. An interesting issue for the three-time World champions is Miroslav Klose’s record of 16 World Cup goals, which is very close to become a reality.

Semi-finalists of the last three World Cups have no intention to leave the tournament, and not by losing to Algeria in any case. Loew has surely watched Algeria’s group stage performance and knows how big a hurdle its defence can be to overcome. But there is no doubt about the German plan – switch at least six players into attacking mode, and Mueller will surely score.   

Matches played: 3
Goals scored - conceded: 7 - 2
Topscorer (s): Mueller (4)
Team marks: 7 + 5,5 + 4,5 = 17
Average mark: 5,83
Best players: Mueller (2,5)
Final place among 32: 6-7
Chances to win the World Cup: 13,93%

Algeria

Flag of Algeria
When Algeria was close to take points away from Belgium it seemed to be because of a weak start of Belgium. The defence was solid enough to hold the 1-0 score, but it didn’t happen. The opinion about Algeria changed when the coach Halilhodzic decided to throw an attacking team in against South Korea. The four scored goals spiced with passion and emotions made them a candidate to join the Play-off participants. Russians were close to sink the North African ship, but the same passionate attitude helped Algeria equalize and defend the score successfully.

They have their loud fans and quick attackers to suggest the German team. However, the most important factor is going to be the experience from the first match against Belgium, where they didn’t manage to keep the net untouched, as well as the last match, where they did manage to keep it.  

Matches played: 3
Goals scored - conceded: 6 - 5
Topscorer (s): Slimani (2)  
Team marks: 2,5 + 4 + 3,5 = 10,0
Average mark: 3,34
Best players: Slimani, Rais (both – 1,5)
Final place among 32: 13

Chances to win the World Cup: 0,26%

Miroslav Klose expected to score the record-breaker

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am a professional football watcher. I watched the WC '94, when I was 10 years old and have had no success in quitting with this. I promised R. Baggio to give tribute to his Juventus and Italy team ever-since, as he missed that damned penalty. While watching matches I always try to analyze every fact before, during and after the matches. This makes me feel I am an expert. Everyone is welcome to start a conversation on any football-related topic. You would just make me a huge favour. Besides, I am a hopelessly lost gambler. A player, not only in the game, but also in life! I live in Denmark. I am married, which, of course, prevents me of watching football 24 hours a day. My daughter was born in 2011. This fact is neither a football-friendly one, but it does not disappoint me. I am making my first steps in professional scouting with one of the local companies. If this profile sounds something close to you, I would warmly welcome you to follow my blog, where you'll read about everything I mentioned above. I promise to post an article every week. Let's say Saturday. So here we go!