Arthur's Football Comments: FIFA World Cup 2014: Marco Reus out of the World Cup

June 10, 2014

FIFA World Cup 2014: Marco Reus out of the World Cup

We can already smell the approaching World Cup, as only two days part us from the biggest football event since 2010. It takes a lot of time to sort the important news out of the stream. Let’s take a look at the top 5 news of the past couple of days.

2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil™ Official Book

5. For the first time in World Cup history FIFA has agreed to
give players 3-minute breaks during the matches, provided the thermometer shows 31 or higher degrees Celsius. These are breaks are going to take place after 30 minutes of play in each half. The question is whether these three minutes are going to disturb the natural flow of the match. But what about Qatar? How often are these breaks going to take place in 2022?

4. Another innovation is probably what the whole world was waiting for since the World Cup 1966. FIFA made the presentation of the new goal-line technology, which is going to indicate whether the ball crossed the line or not. The referee is going to receive a message on this within a second. So everything is set for England and Germany to meet in the play-offs.

Safet Susic of Bosnia and Herzegovina3. Now this is what is going to happen more often during the next month. The Bosnia and Herzegovina coaches were attacked in front of their hotel the other day, as the Mirror informs. Fortunately the police was there to prevent anything criminal against the guests. The head coach Safet Susic admitted, that it is sometimes more dangerous to walk in the streets of his home country than in Brazil.  

Miroslav Klose jumping after a goal for Germany2. It is not only about Brazil to win the World Cup at home, but also for Ronaldo to remain the only player ever to score 15 goals in World Cup. The former Brazilian star is seriously threatened by the German Miroslav Klose, who needs only one to equal Ronaldo. The latter has asked to give a “proper” welcome to Klose and Germany in each and every match. He has also requested not to forget to cheer for Brazil, as O Globo says.

1. And again, the biggest news of the World Cup is related to injury blows. Marco Reus is the next in the list. The Borussia Dortmund star couldn’t continue the friendly match against Armenia right before the team’s departure to Brazil. Reus is now joining a long list of prominent players missing the World Cup, Ribery and Falcao being two of the most highly rated ones. Joachim Loew has decided to include the Sampdoria defender Shkodran Mustafi instead of Rues, indicating that there is no lack of attacking players in the 23-man squad anyway.

  The Official 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil™ Fact File

Marco Reus injured

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am a professional football watcher. I watched the WC '94, when I was 10 years old and have had no success in quitting with this. I promised R. Baggio to give tribute to his Juventus and Italy team ever-since, as he missed that damned penalty. While watching matches I always try to analyze every fact before, during and after the matches. This makes me feel I am an expert. Everyone is welcome to start a conversation on any football-related topic. You would just make me a huge favour. Besides, I am a hopelessly lost gambler. A player, not only in the game, but also in life! I live in Denmark. I am married, which, of course, prevents me of watching football 24 hours a day. My daughter was born in 2011. This fact is neither a football-friendly one, but it does not disappoint me. I am making my first steps in professional scouting with one of the local companies. If this profile sounds something close to you, I would warmly welcome you to follow my blog, where you'll read about everything I mentioned above. I promise to post an article every week. Let's say Saturday. So here we go!